Monday, August 9, 2010

Breakfast anyone?





This is my super fast tofu fried "egg" sandwich.
While posting this my daughter saw the photo and said, "mommy, that picture is making me hungry for tofu "egg" sandwiches".

She just loves these (usually on sprouted bread or English muffin) but is was Saturday and we had these extra bagels at the bakery, so a white bread treat it was. I won't lie...it was good.

I have made tofu eggs about 20 different ways, but now for breakfast sandwiches this new style is easy, fast, and much tastier than most I've tried.

For these I pat dry my tofu, slice it, then place on a plate that has been prepared with a dusting of nutritional yeast, turmeric, and a pinch of Himalayan salt and crank or two of pepper.

One a lay the tofu on the spices, I sprinkle the same mix on top lightly.

Then I get the griddle nice and hot and add a little earth balance. When it start to sizzle, I lay the tofu on in and let it cook about two minutes. Then I flip the tofu, lower the temperature to medium and shred a little vegan cheese on top. I choose a breakfast "meat" and lightly sauté it for the remaining two minutes.

Lay the "meat" on the cheese and then put it on a favorite breakfast bread. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment