Monday, May 24, 2010

What's for dinner?



Normally, I love to plan my meals ahead, but I was cleaning out the fridge last night, and decided to create a meal on items that were not going to make it much longer if we didn't eat them. So here's what we have:

1lb of Organic Kale
3 Organic Portabella Mushrooms
1 Organic Red Onion
1 Head of Organic Cauliflower
1 Bag of Organic Broccoli
Follow Your Heart Monterey Jack
1 Box of Whole Wheat Orecchiette Pasta
Organic Garlic
3 Pieces of Gardein Chick'n Scallopini

After a minute of debating, I boiled the pasta, steamed the cauliflower, sautéed the mushrooms, onion, broccoli and garlic while heating the Chick'n and lastly tossing the kale in with the other veggies and a little vegetable broth. When the cauliflower was soft enough, I put it in the food processor with some nutritional yeast, a little earth balance and I sprinkled in a little Himalayan sea salt and pepper then whipped it into a mash. When the pasta and vegetables were done I mixed them all together and shredded a little bit of Monterey Jack over it. I served the cauliflower mas and chick'n on the side. It was quite a combination of flavors that all balanced each other. Everyone loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment