Saturday, July 17, 2010

I'm in the mood for... Pizza





Okay, it's summer and pizza is not exactly bathing suit friendly, but sometimes an Italian girl has to have her fix, Gabi-sh?

To keep it healthy and light I try to always make my crust from whole wheat flour and spread it thin. On these two I only had enough left over sauce for 1 pie. So what to do? Oh yeah, I will go to my garden overflowing with Basil and make a creamy pesto sauce instead. Top it with grilled squash from my garden, roasted peppers and olives. My other pizza was a little more traditional with sauce, vegan mozzarella, olives, mushrooms and caramelized onions.

Both baked up crisp on the bottom and perfectly melted on top.

They were so good that I serve them with a huge salad just to not over eat.

Which one's your favorite?

This post is making me hungry for pizza again.....back to the garden......

No comments:

Post a Comment