Thursday, July 8, 2010

Vegan Grilled Chick'n and Veggies on Crusty Bread



I know I am way behind on posting. I will catch up over the next few days. It has been a little crazy around here for a few weeks. Anyway, back to the sandwich...

I started with a crusty baguette drizzled with garlic seasoned olive oil and toasted slightly. Then I grilled eggplant, red and green peppers, red onions, and zucchini in a tiny bit of olive oil and seasoned with a pinch of pink Himalayan salt and fresh ground pepper. When the veggies were perfect, I cooked Gardein Chick'n in the veggie pan along with some reduced imported balsamic vinegar. I layer all of these on the bread with some halved marinated artichokes, fresh vegan sliced mozzarella, garden ripe tomatoes and fresh picked basil. PERFECTION! My husband also likes chopped Greek olives mixed in. These flavors are wonderful together. Try it, you will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment